Sometimes data loss occurs with one or more files, and does not involve the failure of the entire data storage device. Files can become inaccessible due to inadvertent deletion, software incompatibility or corruption, power-related problems, etc.
RESCUE Data Recovery Edmonton Laboratory provides extensive file recovery and restoration services for data loss involving many different file types and format structures used with DOS, Windows and Macintosh systems, as well as other operating environments ( the following is only a partial list ):
- Word File Recovery (DOC)
- Excel File Retrieval (XLS)
- Outlook Email Retrieval (PST)
- Exchange Mailbox Restoration (OST)
- Access Database Files (MDB)
- Photo & Image Files
(JPG / JPEG, GIF, RAW, TIFF, BMP)
- Video & Audio Files
(MPG / MPEG, AVI, MOV, WAV, WMV, MP3)
- Windows Backup Files (BKF)
- PowerPoint File Recovery (PPT)
- Microsoft Publisher Files (PUB)
- CAD File Restoration (DWG, DXF)
- Lotus AmiPro Recovery (SAM)
- Lotus 1-2-3 Recovery (WKS)
- dBase Files (DBF)
- Any files that are deleted, missing, damaged or corrupted.
It is always preferable to send us any corrupted files on the original media on which they were stored, as it greatly improves the chances for successful data recovery and restoration.
Sending us a copy of a damaged or corrupted file may limit the possibilities for complete file recovery, as file fragments (or even temporary file copies created by your application or operating system) will not be available.
Recovered data files are usually returned via email. If the recovered file is large, it can be written to CD-R, DVD-R, or any other media that you request.