Suggestions For Packaging & Sending Media For Data Recovery
To avoid damage in transit, all media being shipped for data recovery should be packaged securely. A good rule of thumb is to package each item as though it were fragile glass.
When shipping hard drives, optical or even digital media storage devices (like photo memory cards or flash drives), the following guidelines should be followed to help minimize any potential damage in shipment:
- Place the device in a sealed anti-static bag, if available.
- Make sure the device is packaged in a sturdy shipping box. When shipping a hard disk drive, the best packaging to use is an actual hard drive box from the manufacturer. If this is not available, the next best approach is to wrap the hard drive securely in "bubble" wrap or other cushioning material.
- Be sure the device is secure, and cannot move around within the box. Enclose documents and seal the box.
- Mark the outside of the package "FRAGILE - HANDLE WITH CARE".
- Create a shipping label with your name & address in the upper left corner.
(Need to create a
quick shipping label? The label will open in a new window.
Simply right click on the label, then click "Print". You can then close that window.)
The shipping address is:
RESCUE Data Recovery Lab
12203 118 AVE NW
CANADA T5L 2J9
Tracking Your Shipment
Need to track a Federal Express or UPS package?
Evening / Weekend / Same-Day Emergency Shipments
RESCUE Data Recovery Edmonton Laboratory is conveniently located just north of downtown
Edmonton, about 4 blocks from the Edmonton City Centre Airport,
which serves most of the province daily. All major couriers use
the Edmonton International Airport which is an hour south of our
Federal Express, UPS and other package delivery services offer weekend and same-day delivery services. Please contact
carrier with any questions, or for assistance to arrange for this service.